Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Hangover: Moroccan Edition

Well, what a whirlwind the past month has been. I will post a separate blog about my amazing Mom and her visit here with me, which I have been meaning to do a lot more of (blogging).  However, the day my mom left to go home is also the day I departed for a crazy whirlwind week in Morocco that included many, many, hours on a bus, a camel ride through the Moroccan desert, and apparently the consumption of some food that leaves your stomach in a horrible, sad, state. I will save you all of the lovely details, and most would say it shouldn't be mentioned at all.  But let's just say, it's a big part of the experience, and if you happen to take a trip to Morocco it is a part of the experience you won't forget.  So I have been hit with the Moroccan Hangover as some call it, and have not been able to each much more than a few bites of bread or pasta for the past several days.  I didn't drink any of the Moroccan water, or eat any food that hadn't been cooked, so I have no idea why I feel so awful. But the doctor gave me some medicine, and hopefully I will be on the track to recovery asap! :)

Also, I've spent my day watching "Rock of Ages" an awesome, some may say cheesy, musical including 80s music. Rocking out to 80's music is one heck of a way to make you feel better. Also, as soon as I get back to the USA, I'm having an 80's themed party, and everyone is invited!

No comments:

Post a Comment