Friday, November 16, 2012

Go on, Get Happy

I have to say that getting really sick is a quick way to a slight depression. I don't even feel like I should be that sick. But every time I go to eat something, I feel exhausted and even worse.  What? Food can't make me feel better?! It's like saying, well I can't think of anything right now, but something that is mind blowing and not even possible.  And no offense Spain, but your food here is not what I would consider "comfort food."  I went to the store to try to find a can of chicken noodle soup, surely that would be something I could eat. Nope, not in stores. What? My mistake was going with my natural instincts & weakness & getting Nutella. Whoops. Don't worry I paid for that one later. So, ya, ya, enough of this self pity, what's the point?  Well, after about 5 days of this sulking & just feeling down, I've decided to end it. Maybe, I can will myself into feeling better. So anyways, here is my remedy for feeling a little bit better about the day.

Step 1: Music. Emphasis on Fleetwood Mac, Pat Benetar, aka, Classic Rock, with some Lifehouse & The Script thrown in. No offense J-Biebs, but your music is just not gonna do it today.

Step 2: Instead of talking to myself, talk to someone else? Not really convinced anyone besides my mom reads this, but hey Mom!  Decided if I talk about happy times, I will feel happier ya know?

Step 3: Pinterest Inspirational Quotes. Emphasis on quotes only, every recipe I see has the opposite reaction. I was going to pick a quote to put on here, but can't make up my mind, so you can just check out my board yourself. Favorite Sayings

Step 4: Jimmy Kimmel videos. Check out these I find just hilarious.  Lie Detective. This one really gets me. Silverstoning.  And the cutest kids ever. You Sneaky Mom!  My poor kids someday are in for some pranks. And now I've just gotten sidetracked by YouTube, but hey I feel a little better.

Step 5: Jenna Marble YouTube videos. All of them have inappropriate words, but hey still funny.

Step 6: GLEE! And any other video I have on my iPod (Getting expensive :S). 

Step 7: Browse pictures of my amazing friends & family. I'm so blessed to have them.

Step 8: Should be number 1, but I'm human, so I get selfish sometimes & have been wallowing in my sadness of sickness. Count your blessings!!! Especially since Thanksgiving is coming up. Goodness, the many things I have to be thankful for are infinite!! Amazing family (a tad loco en la cabeza, eh?), my amazing boyfriend (who I get to see in 2 days, beyond excited, I think that's why time is passing so slowly), my amazing friends (both old & true, and new), my amazing support system (church family, community, just everyone who has believed in me), my list goes on and on. Thank you everyone for all of the love.

Wow. Now I feel much better <3

No comments:

Post a Comment